Wednesday 12 February 2014

Review | Base face: my power trio.






I change my base a lot, suffering from acne and the scarring it leaves has sent me on a constant quest to achieve faking flawless skin. At the minute these are my three products of choice.

When I won Benefit's #poreoclock competition on twitter they sent me a wonderful package full to the brim of Porefesisonal merchandise and also the two Porefessional products, the porefessional primer and the zero shine powder. I had already tried, and loved, the primer but the powder was new to me and I have to say, I love it just as much! 




Essentially a translucent powder which aims to reduce shine, I find this works really well over my foundation to set it. It's a matte powder so I would recommend if you're after the dewy look (which I normally am) but this gives such a lovely finish I can't resist it! It comes with it's own little brush and is all self contained so it's very handy for travelling. 




Another new addition is the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream. I'm usually a high street foundation sceptic, but had seen good words said about this so decided to give it a go. I love Clinique's CC cream and was hoping to find a cheaper replacement in this...which I definitely have! This cream claims to correct the three main skin colour issues; redness, fatigue and dark spots. I have to say it delivers on all three. I was expecting its watery texture to house a very sheer coverage but after  applying this with my Real Techniques buffing brush I only need the smallest amount of concealer to hide those really dark blemishes I have and I'm good to go! 

These products together are making up such a power trio that I'm neglecting my higher end foundations for this set for day to day use! I highly recommend all three if you're after a long lasting base with good coverage. 

Have you tried any of these products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment