Friday 9 May 2014

Review| glam glow super clearing mud mask

It may have come to your attention, the thing I crave the most in the world, and probably the main reason I'm so into beauty and skincare is because I have bad skin. It started in high school with white heads and blackheads that I doused in clearasil and witch hazel. 
Progressing to college and full blown acne was in situ on my poor face. I'd wear three foundations at a time and always wear a scarf so I could tuck my face in and feel less ashamed. 
Fast forward a few years and my breakouts aren't half as bad, however the scars and breakouts I do have still knock my confidence in exactly the same way. It's trivial in the grand scheme of things but it's all I see when I look in the mirror, fellow acne sufferers will vouch for me here. 
The point I'm trying to make is, I'll try absolutely anything once to try and improve my skin. I dread to think how much I've spent on products that do nothing, or worse, encourage the blemishes. However when a well written blog post (I've forgotten who's, I'm so sorry!) rolled into my bloglovin screen regarding the glam glow super clearing mud mask, I was feeling impulsive. I clicked purchase and a few days later a tiny pot of expensive grey goop turned up on my doorstep promising instant results. 


I slapped it on using a real techniques foundation brush I don't like for foundation and waited. It dried pretty quickly to a satisfyingly crispy (gross!) layer but that's not the best bit. You can actually see where this mask draws out the grease and gunk from your pores. The longer you leave it the better it is. 


The real magic comes when you flannel this off. My face instantly feels clearer, redness in many blemishes is reduced and the overall tone is smoothed and soft. 

It's an expensive little jar of grey mud but it bloody works and I'll definitely be repurchasing this when it runs out!  

Have you ever tried anything else from Glam Glow? Anything else I need to put on my to buy list!? 




No comments:

Post a Comment