Sunday 10 November 2013

Lest we forget.


Every year I wear my poppy with pride for the period before and after the eleventh day of the eleventh month; Remembrance day. I think it is so important to honor the soldiers who gave up their today for our tomorrow, for those still fighting, and for those who fought and are now living with the long term physical and/or mental impact. This is a day close to my heart and every year my family and I visit the local town war memorial for the service. 

(Me and my lovely Dad. Smiling into the sun proved too difficult, excuse my round face and awful frown!) 

Wherever you are, take a minute at 11am to remember the fallen and send your love to those brave men and women still fighting.





They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.


1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely post. And you look very pretty in that top photo. I did remember today.
    Adela x

    misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete