Monday 19 August 2013

If you're going to a forest, dress like one; that's my motto.

Hola! 

A family trip to a forest park (google Bewilderwood if you're interested- great for kids and I actually secretly enjoyed the hidden Twiggle Houses) called for a forest themed outfit. Inspired heavily by Kim from Lovecloth, this Topshop play suit was an impulse buy but I LOVE it. I love wearing it, I love the fit, I love the looks I get when I wear it out. It's been surprisingly versatile considering its loud print and I can't wait to glam it up with some black heels, no white T-shirt and big hair. 




My first attempt at an outfit posts ergo, some very awkward poses. 


...in a tree. Obviously. (Side note, I do have two full length legs. I'll never do this one again!)


My favourite sandals of the summer are from river island and I just know these are going to look adorable right into the autumn. 


Anyway, in between surreptitiously taking photos of myself amongst hundreds of screaming children and odd looks from the 'twiggle team' (errr, your job description reads Forest Twiggle, don't be giving me sass) I joined in on the climbing and sliding...


Pro. 


Obviously I didn't go alone, this little fairy was the reason for the trip and she loved it. With her Nike hi-tops, sparkly handbag and fairy wings, I think she's got the real OOTD we all wanted to see.

Another family themed post- I think I'm very conscious of the fact I'm moving away for good soon and although this will always be my home, it's good to have these memories of sunny days spent climbing trees like the kids in us always want to do, while I still can (and while my parents will still pay! Ahem) and I love that my blog will serve as a great diary of these days! 

Let me know your thoughts on this post in the comments or on twitter! @_tuesdaysgirl I always love to hear from you.

Abigail xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment